In a series of events of The Investment Promotion Conference 2018 held by Ho Chi Minh City and Gia Lai province, as the institution responsible for scientific research of the provincial project entitled: “Building strategies for attracting investment and improving business environment, and proposing solutions to attracting high-quality capital for strategic projects of Gia Lai”, on May 26th 2018, Ton Duc Thang University and Gia Lai People’s Committee successfully co-organized the 5th Scientific Symposium which focused on building the profile of key projects and recommendation list of target investors in key economic sectors of Gia Lai province.
The Symposium took great honor to have itself participated and co-chaired by Dr. Vo Hoang Duy, Vice President of Ton Duc Thang University and Mr. Nguyen Duc Hoang, Vice President of Gia Lai People’s Committee. Presenting at the Symposium was the Research Group of TDTU including:
- Dr. Pham Thi Minh Ly, Dean of FBA, TDTU, Research Group Leader;
- Dr. Phung Minh Tuan, Director of ATEM Center, Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Secretary of the Research Group;
- Dr. Duong Quoc Buu, Head of Department, Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Member of the Research Group;
- Mr. Nguyen Quang Tien, Head of Department, Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Member of the Research Group;
- MEcon. Lam Thi Huong Tra, Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Member of the Research Group;
- M.Econ. Le Duc Nha – Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Member of the Research Group;
- PhD. Candidate Pham Thai Ngoc – Lecturer of FBA, TDTU, Member of the Research Group;
- Assoc.Prof. Dr. Pham Viet Hong – Economic Expert, Academic Adviser of the Research Group.
Exchanging regulatory and executive practices at the Symposium also marked by the precious concern and presence of:
- Mr. Nguyen Duc Hoang, Vice President of Gia Lai People’s Committee;
- Mr. Luu Trung Nghia, Head of Gia Lai’s Department of Science and Technology;
- Mr. Ho Phuoc Thanh, Head of Gia Lai’s Department of Planning and Investment;
And representatives of governmental departments, agencies, regulators, and local authorities at all levels in Gia Lai province.
The Symposium also attracted the participation of many scholars, local businesses and potential investors from all over the country. In addition, representatives of information and communication agencies such as the Gia Lai Broadcasting Station and the Gia Lai Newspaper also participated in the Symposium (link of Gia Lai Online Television News: http://gialaitv.vn/thoi-su/truyen-hinh/thoi-su-toi-26-5-2018). The Symposium has received a large number of in-depth discussions from experts, authorities and businesses on both the theoretical and practical aspects of key investment projects and recommendation list of target and potential investors in key economic sectors of Gia Lai. Furthermore, the Symposium provided a forum for scholars, authorities and businesses to share and discuss contemporary issues related to macro-determinants of business & investment environment of Gia Lai province and common measurement indicators such as Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI) and Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index (PAPI).
Some pictures taken at the Symposium: