At the Director of Import and Export Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade’s invitation, on Friday the 15th of March 2019, Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) and the Faculty of Business Administration were honored to welcome experts from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and officials from Cambodia’s Ministry of Public Transport-Logistics Department, Logistics Information, Monitoring and Evaluation Divisions.
During the meeting, JICA’s experts and Cambodian officials were very interested in the faculty’s experience in developing the curriculum, teaching staffs, and organizing supporting activities in order to equip students from the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA) Diploma, under the International Business major at TDTU, the right knowledge and skills to satisfy the demand and requirement of the labour market, in the field of trade, logistics and supply chain management.
- Mr. Kazumasa Sanui - JICA expert;
- Mr. Toshiaki Sakatsume - JICA consultant, PADECO Co., Ltd;
- Ms. Moe Tatara - JICA consultant, PADECO Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Chea Socheat - Deputy Director General, General Department of Logistics, Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Royal Government of Cambodia;
- Mr. Seam Sydora - Deputy Director, Department of Logistics, Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Royal Government of Cambodia;
The meeting with JICA experts and Cambodian officials was a success and everyone brought back useful information and valuable insights. Both sides were also optimistic and confident about cooperating in forthcoming projects that facilitate the competitiveness of Vietnam and Cambodia’s logistics as well as to support training logistics personnels at TDTU.
Some photos at the meeting: