After 2 years of efforts and hard work, as part of the curriculum of Bachelor of International Business, the 20th batch of students from the high-quality program have completed FIATA Diploma program in international freight forwarding certified by the Federation of International Freight Forwarders Association. In the morning of September 21, 2019, Faculty of Business Administration and Vietnam Aviation and Logistics School (VILAS) held a solemn graduation ceremony to award FIATA Diploma graduates at Hall A403 - Ton Duc Thang University.
The ceremony welcomed the participation of honoured and distinguished guests:
- Dr. Thomas Sim - Chairman of FIATA Vocational Education Advisory Council (Chairman - Advisory Body Vocational Training - ABVT);
- Mr. Le Duy Hiep - Chairman of Vietnam Logistics Business Association (VLA);
- Ms. Huynh Nhu Nguyet - Director of Vietnam Aviation and Logistics School (VILAS);
- Ms. Cao Thi Quynh Giao- Director of Vietnam Shipping Gazette.
- And representatives from from business partners who has worked with the Faculty in the past 2 years: Tan Cang Human Resources Development Joint Stock Company - STC, Indo Trans Logistics JSC (ITL),Hoang Ha International Logistics, Expeditor, Vietnam Shipping Gazette, DAMCO Vietnam,CMA-CGM Vietnam and more than 150 students from the International Business high-quality program.
Opening the ceremony, Dr. Tran Trong Dao - Vice President of Ton Duc Thang University shared the potentials and advantages of Logistics and emphasized on the importance of training high quality human resources;
Mr. Thomas Sim congratulated the students for their achievements and shared with them future trends of logistics development and the rising career opportunities for Logistics-Supply Chain Management, Import and Export. In addition, he explained the important role and impact of FIATA as an official global representative organization of the logistics service industry.
VLA's representative, Mr. Le Duy Hiep - Chairman of the Association - also congratulated to Ton Duc Thang University and VILAS for a successful cooperation in organizing the training program specifically worldwide recognised FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding for class of 2020 students from Bachelor of International Business high-quality program. Mr. Hiep shared that the logistics service industry is developing strongly thus in need of high-quality human resources. He affirmed that VLA’s members will continue to support and create conditions for students to practice and be exposed to the real business environment through field trips and internship opportunities.
Finally, representatives of FIATA International, VLA and VILAS awarded FIATA certificates to all students in a cheerful atmosphere.
Also in the morning of September 21, 2019, TDTU and VILAS leaders, VLA, Vietnam Shipping Gazette Magazine signed cooperation agreement in term of education, research and technology transfer.
Here are some photos of the event:
Mr. Le Duy Hiep; Dr. Tran Trong Dao and Ms. Huynh Nhu Nguyet signed and exchanged the Cooperation Agreement
Dr. Tran Trong Dao;Ms. Cao Thị Quynh Giao_and Ms. Huynh Nhu signed the Cooperation Agreement
Dr. Tran Trong Dao awarded certificate to the students
Dr. Thomas Sim awarded certificates to the students
Dr. Pham Thi Ngan- Head of International Business Department and all business enterprise representatives taking a commemorative photo